Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Dennis and Wanda Wood's fond memories of soap making

If anybody has a soap story they would like to share, I would like to post it on my blog. Please email it to me at soap@pei.sympatico.ca

Thank you Dennis and Wanda for stopping into the soap shop. Dennis, thanks for sharing your fond memories about soap and the walk to school up hill both ways. ;) There is a small gift on the way for you.


Hello from Saskatchewan,
Well we have returned from our holiday to the Maritimes and have to tell you that visiting your soapshop was tops for us.. It brought back memories of my childhood when I would return home from our country school (a walk of one and three quarter miles--uphill both ways-WELL, not quite but there was a hill!!) and find on the old buffet a new batch of homemade soap cut into rough pieces ready to cure. Nothing special, just homemade ,homestead soap but lovingly made by my mother. We appreciated the time that you took to explain about commercial products and to show us the ingredients that you use to make your very special soaps.
We have four grown children and for Selena our oldest we were having trouble completing her assortment of gifts so my wife added the piece of milled Lemongrass soap to her bag.
Selena was "very thrilled" with this and continued to smell it and pass it around for everyone to enjoy. It was very nice to talk to you and we really enjoyed our visit with the Goats as we left. We had milk goats on the farm when I was a kid so that brought back a few memories as well. Our one Nanny, a white
Saanen would get up on the milking stand and call to us when she wanted to be milked.
We moved off the farm a few years ago(we used to live on an acreage and had a honey farm) but we miss the farm and may move to an acreage sometime if the opportunity presents itself.

I was interested to hear that you are home schooling your children which I think is wonderful and would have liked to hear a bit more about that but it was late in the day.
Of all of the maritimes we really liked P.E.I.
especially since there are so many crafatmen/artisans to visit . I have to tell you that our visit to your soapshop was,unique and interesting and definately a highlight and we are really glad we stopped. Keep up the good work!! We hope to visit you again sometime.
Thanks again,
Dennis and Wanda Wood
Melfort Saskatchewan

No comments: