Monday, February 14, 2011

Finding Your Passion In Life

Everybody has a burning desire to live their life to the fullest but finding what you are passionate about might be hard to do for some of us. If you do identify and devote time and space to your passion, it can change your life. It certainly has changed mine.


Completing the following six sentences can help you discover or re-discover your greatest passion.

1. “If I had the time, the three books I wuld love to read by the end of winter are…………” What you are drawn to read indicates what subjects appeal to you, and hints at a passion waiting to be developed. Reading about something you already love is a way of feeding that passion.

2. “I remember years ago I would…………………” Get back to the passion you’ve left behind. If you have happy memories of singing in a community choir in your 20’s, well, it’s just a phone call and a song sheet away.

3. “I’ll be so disappointed if I never get to………………” A common term I hear is “it is on my bucket list”. This week jot down three things you don’t want to miss out on, another three things you want to do before winter is over and three more things before next year. Start right away, there is no time to lose.

4. “If I had the afternoon off to do whatever I wanted, I would………………” Passions are not all about going to China to climb the Great Wall or going on a safari in Kenya. If your boss told you to take tomorrow afternoon off, how would you spend those few precious – unexpected – hours? -And running errands is not an option.

5. “Something I’ve always wanted to try is…………” Experimenting with activities is a great way of discovering your passion. Try a pottery class or join a running club - you might find a hidden passion.

6. I believe I’m quite good at…………..” Acknowledging the things you’re naturally adept at high lights and nurtures your passions.

Notes from Canadian Living & partners article What’s Your Cup of Tea?

No comments: