Saturday, January 4, 2014

Fodder Fodder Fodder or Barley Sprouts



I have always been interested in hydroponics and growing plants in different condition then normal.  While in Africa I met a fellow who was building a fodder house.  Him and his wife adopter 7 children all have been affected with HIV in some way.
The new fodder building is in the back.  I decided to grow fodder when I returned home.
I soak the barley seeds in water with a drop of bleach for 24 hours then I put them in long trays with holes in the bottom.

Second day the sprouts have white tips starting to grow. This is the roots also know as the mat.  I continue to water every day.  The trays I purchase from Canadian Tire and drilled holes in the bottom.
Third day the green shoot is showing.  The trays are on shelves on top of each other.  I water the top and the water drips to the bottom tray.
Fourth day more green.
Fifth day.
Day one and Day 6
Day 7 and ready for the goats to eat

Here is a video of the goats eating the Fodder. (barley spouts)

No comments: