Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Liquid Goat Milk Soap

New for 2008 we are selling liquid goat milk soap. I have been experimenting since 2004 trying to make liquid soap. It is a different method then cold process soap. (cold process is the hard bar soap) I wanted to make a healing herb liquid soap. All the soap has a good portion of goat's milk, shea and cocoa butters.
Here they are:
Warming Cinnamon and Ginger
Great for cold hands and body. Interesting note - the affects of Cinnamon essential oil can stay on your hands for a week.
Cooling Peppermint and Eucalyptus
I love the combination of peppermint and eucalyptus. A long time ago we made a hard bar with the same essential oils and I loved it then. It is very simulating. A shower with Cooling Peppermint and Eucalyptus will start your day with a zing.
Relaxing Lavender and Sweet Orange
What can I say about lavender, the most popular soap in the world? Pairing it with sweet orange gives the soap a lovely fruity scent.
Harmony Sandalwood, Rose and Geranium
The story of Harmony: When my back hurts from lifting 50 pound blocks of coconut oil, I go see Harmony and she fixes the problem. I had all the liquid soaps made and she suggested a PMS soap with sandalwood, rose and geranium. I thought about it a split second and decided to change all the unscented liquid soap to PMS Soap. Sorry to all the unscented customers. Next batch I will make unscented.
Healing Lavender and Geranium with Calendula and Chamomile Petals
The number one question we get asked is what soap is good for eczema and dry skin. This winter I did some research and found that lavender, and geranium are both good for eczema. Now, after saying that, some people cannot use them; it depends on your skin. Everyone is different when it come to essential oils. I added the petals of calendula and chamomile because they are so good for your skin and make the soap a pretty yellow.

You can use all the liquid soaps on your whole body, including your hair.

I have more liquid soaps to tell you about but I must check on Tulip. There could be, new to the world, kids in the barn. I hope they are on the ground and I do not have to deliver them.

No comments: